Sunday, May 31, 2009

Partied Out

So yesterday was a day of parties. I had three to go to.

First, was a Bridal Shower for Jaclyn Stuckenbroker. She is getting married on June 27th to Jason Dewall. It was held at the catholic chuch here in Windom. It was a tupperware party... so I will be getting some new tupperware in the next couple weeks!!! It was a fun party filled with a couple games, advice for Jaclyn, and some yummy food.

The second party of the day was a going away party for Taylor Crow. He ships out to join the army on Wednesday, so this was his last hurrah in Windom. It was a pot luck type event with Brad cooking some delicious pork loins in his smoker. There was lots of talking and a few lawn games such as lawn golf being played. The fire pit became the center of the action just before we were leaving as a large group had gathered around for some lively conversation. Taylor, however, was in the garage with a bunch of friends his age gearing up for a night of partying.

The last party of the night was a retirement party for Larry Gravley. The Gravleys happen to own the old RollerDome, although it is now used as Auction House. They do still have all the skates tho! So we went Roller Skating. They set up the the front area with a whole spread of beer & liquor and a ton of food. The skate area had some tables squeezed in on one side to accomadate all the non-skaters, the skates up front, and a DJ up front. The DJ also had a karaoke machine and many people got up to sing songs and dedicate them to the man of the night. I think it has been about 10 years since I was last on Roller Skates, so it took a little getting used to them. I am by no means a good or fast skater, so when I decided to try the limbo, I promptly fell on my ass... so it's a little sore this morning. So without futher ado, here are the pics from the evening.

Michelle & I sporting our awesome skates!

A fake fall... this one hurt a lot less than the actual fall...

Two person train! Woot Woot!

Would you look at this! I am as tall as Chris when I have skates on and he is only in shoes! (he was trying to throw me around in circles here)

And here we are with extra-shorty!!

We even got Gary to skate around for a few laps.

And this dude here in the orange shirt and hat was from Tennesse.... he introduced himself to us by grabbing me while I was on skates and saying "I'm marrying her... what's your name?" Once he learned I was already married tho, he turned most of his attention to Michelle, even getting her to dance with him.
It was a very interesting day/night to say the least. I had a lot of fun!

1 comment: