Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Black Hills Snowmobiling 2012 - Day 1

Snowmobiling - Day 1
Initially, we weren't sure we were going to make it to Trailshead Lodge to unload our snowmobiles. The TV in Rapid City was saying that chains were needed to travel past Cheyanne Crossing. Luckily, the roads were pretty well cleared by the time we made it there.
We headed north once we unloaded our sleds.

Here are Cari and Brian at Roughlock Falls.



We headed up to Latchstring (by Spearfish Canyon) for lunch.
Testing out my new rear facing camera on my phone. :)
Then we headed west into Wyoming, to Cement Ridge Lookout. It was an overcast day and the clouds hung just above our heads. From there, we headed over the other edge of Cement Ridge, to play in the snow covered hills on the other side that not many people have the guts to do. Fresh snow!
Here's Chris on the other side. The snow was so deep this year, that we didn't have the chance to do a whole lot of playing without getting stuck while dodging the trees on the mountain sides. Too many elements going on for me to completely boondock on my own. I tend to take others tracks when we go over Cement Ridge, but that can lead to hitting more trees and stumps.
I did have some time to whip out my DSLR. And I caught this beauty of Nate bobbing and weaving through the trees.

We had supper in our cabins and made frozen pizzas on the pizza ovens (that we drag out there with us).

1 comment:

  1. wow! that sounds really fun - I hate the snow but that really looks great!

    ReplyDelete