Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Kenya - Back to Nairobi Briefly

Woke up Wednesday morning and realized we are starting the last leg of our trip. My how time has just flown by! Took a taxi into town to the stage and hopped our last matatu ride to Nairobi. So glad to be done with those. We checked back into the Kenya Continental hotel (where we spent our first few nights) and went to meet up with Alyssa and Ryan. We went to a mall we had not yet been to and ate at a very americanized restaurant called Artcafe. Then on to frozen yogurt at Planet Yogurt. 


Yum! We hit up a few stores in the mall for a few souvenirs. We lucked out and today they were having a masai market nearby, so we also navigated that. I think i'm getting decently good at bargaining and I ended up with a good amount of things. I still feel as if I have a lot more I need to get. Back to the room to put our stuff away and shower before we went back out for supper. This time we went to a delicious Thai restaurant. Yum! Then out briefly to a local bar where we hung out with a few more Peace Corps volunteers.


No comments:

Post a Comment