Sunday, November 20, 2011

Staycation - A Glimpse

I had to burn a week of vacation before the end of the year. So, this past week, I took a staycation. Here's a glimpse of what I did this week (most of these pictures are from my camera phone):

Zumba! My class is on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week. So, naturally I didn't skip them this week. My trusty puma's I got before my last Europe trip.




Up front is our instructor, Larissa. It's so nice for her to be on the stage as we can all see her well to follow along to the routines.





I spent a lot of time working on this door. A lot. And it's nowhere close to being finished. I'm stripping the laundry room door. This is the hallway side and as far as I can tell it had 5-6 layers of paint on it. I've almost got all the paint off this side... almost. I had to improvise a new attachment to my sander so I could get into all those tiny cracks and crevasse's. And let me tell you... GENIUS!! It's working and working very well... WAY better then doing all those tiny details by hand.

I spent a little bit of time in this ground blind. I have been trying to get a close up picture of some deer. Unfortunetly, they have been coming through too late in the day when it is too dark out already. I tell you, the habits of wildlife are going to drive me nuts... probably especially next April when I'm on safari in Kenya!



I did snag this picture of the sunset from my perch though...




I insulated the outer wall of the to-be laundry room...





Saturday we had the first snow of the season. NOT ready for it yet.... at all. I am so a wuss for the cold and blowing right now, I was much enjoying the snowless winter we were having so far.





I did a little late-for-the-season Thanksgiving decorating. We aren't having anyone over for Thanksgiving, so it's just for us now. Can't wait to break out the Xmas decorations next. I need to find a new (or a couple) tablecloth.





Also this week: lots and lots of laundry, organized the basement & finally put some of our totes down there, Chris and I worked on cleaning out the working shop, a Menards run, some scrapbooking, a few new recipies, finished destructing the to-be laundry room, new closet shelving and rods in 2 closets, River City Eatery & the fall high school musical (Singing in the Rain) with Amy, her mom, and her grandma, and chicken foot dominoes afterwards.



All in all, I'd say I had a pretty productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment