Thursday, November 17, 2011

Studio Calico's Field Guide - October 2011

Here's what I've done so far with Studio Calico's October kit, Field Guide.






That ice cream die cut came from a previous kit, I believe, but I thought it was so perfect for a LO about ice cream. It actually inspired this LO. And I finally got a chance to use my Studio Calico cow stamp. So fun!


I've been trying to document our long summer remodeling... and one of the first things we did this spring was to shingle the house. Dreadful job, but one that had to be done. So, I made sure that it will also be documented in my scrapbooking pages. I used a Heidi Swapp mask for the background and misted in a few different colors.

**Removed for Publishing


I finally did a 2 pager again! I don't often feel like I have enough pictures to warrent a 2 page spread, but I took a ton during our hike up Harney Peak this fall. I Love the pictures from this trip! LOVE! I also added in the pass for our windshield to enter Custer State Park in the bottom right corner. Topped off with some washi tape and it's perfect!



I also love that we were able to get some awesome Fab 4 pics when Anne was back in country for Jen's wedding. I went a little punch crazy on this one... but love the result. And the fact that it's on a gray patterned paper? Even better! I can't seem to get enough of gray these days (i.e. see last LO above).






For this next LO, I broke out my Crafter's Workshop template I got at a going out of business sale last year. I knew when I bought it, it would have some great creative application, but never did I think it would be this spectacular! I love how by just moving the template slightly around the page, I ended up with all this wonderful color and movement. I'm thinking I need to get my hands on a few more of these puppies!





I used a few different kits for this LO, and at the moment I'm not sure of which ones I all used here. I did however, play with my brand new Silhouette Cameo (see that awesome Mt. Rushmore diecut!) {Squeel!} . I sold my Cricut that I never use, and invested in a new Cameo instead. LOVE LOVE this thing! Love that it's based mostly on the computer. but, also Love that I can use an SD card on the go. Love that I don't have to buy whole cartridges for 1 design, and I can instead buy image by image. Still thinking about getting a subscription to the store (you get a discount on prices), but I want to see for sure how much I am actually going to use this before comitting to a whole year. I set up it's very own shelf in my scrap studio and all I have to do is plug my computer into the cameo with a usb cord and I am good to go.






1 comment: