Thursday, March 8, 2012

Black Hills Snowmobiling 2012 - Day 2

Snowmobiling - Day 2
Our first real look at the meadows south of Trailshead and they looked wonderful! This is usually a meadow that is really packed down, so much so that we can ususally race down this one. What a change this year! Amazing! I think some of them are even actually stuck or thisclose to being so.
Jack fell off his snowmobile and did a 'turtle' for awhile. Funny to watch and I'm sure I've done this before as well.

Dad buried. And apparently having fun
Trent buried up to his waist after helping somebody get unstuck.
On our way to the salt mines. To get there, we have to take logging trails. Dad's snowmobile overheated and stopped the whole lineup for a little while. Here is a look at what was behind me.
The salt mines. We made a fire to make hotdogs today. It's nice to have a hot meal on the trail and this has become a tradition for us (at least to make hot dogs once somewhere out in the middle of nowhere).
After the saltmines we took more logging trails deeper into the middle of nowhere. We were waiting here as a bunch of the front runner went zipping straight up the hill. I think Brock is posing here for us.
And this is a good look at what my new lens can do. Love the bokah in the background as I stole this shot of Maria.
At night, we headed into Lead to Lewie's for supper. A little more than half of us rode in vehicles there, the remaining rode their snowmobiles.
Yay for Lewie's! Dad and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment