Saturday, May 12, 2012

Spontanious Trip - Incubus Concert

When I was closing at work on Tuesday night, I peaked on facebook quick, and saw a post from Incubus about their current tour. Out of curiosity, I looked to see if they were going to be anywhere in the area. The past few concerts they have played in the area (meaning the midwest in general) had been too far away for me to make, so I was crossing my fingers.
Imagine my surprise when I saw they were going to be in Maplewood (by the twin cities) the next night! Oh crap!
I managed to find out that there were still tickets available due a last minute change in venue (smaller to larger). How lucky for me!
I also had the next day off of work due to having to work this upcoming weekend.
Next up... who could I find to go with me? Chris is not really a fan. Amy & pretty much anybody else I could think of had work commitments already. Hmmm... After zumba, I texted Lindsey out of curiosity to see if she already happened to be going. Lo and behold, she was! And going alone... she is a brave soul.
I so lucked out on this! And I'm still so excited about it.

Wednesday afternoon, Lindsey rolled into town and we caravanned up to the cities. She already had a hotel room booked on Priceline in Whitebear Lake, so that's where we headed. After horrible rush hour traffic, we checked in and got ready for the concert. We ate at Outback Steakhouse before finding Myth, the concert venue.


I just have to say, it was amazing! Absolutely amazing! I am so happy I got to go! I would so go again in a heartbeat! Incubus is always amazing.


The lights on after the encore


So worth the severe lack of sleep I suffered all day Thursday and part of Friday yet.


I also couldn't have wished for a better friend / fellow fan to go to the concert with. I had such a great time catching up with Lindsey. I love those friendships where you can just pick up right where you left up no matter how much time has passed in between.

** My Africa series will continue again after this post

1 comment: